Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What do I want to be...

So we're always asking kiddos, "well ______, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Kids are so lucky...life is easy for them in terms of the responsibilities and worries of the world. It's fun to be a kid...to have your whole life ahead of you! A fresh slate if you will. Now don't get me wrong, I think kids these days face many other other challenges that my generation never had to face, but that's a whole 'notha Oprah!

So back to my title...btw, you'll quickly learn that I can ramble and I LOVE to use these >........but back to my topic...(see??) I'm a 39 year old wife and mother of 3. I've been married to my best friend and my oh so handsome baby daddy, Tim, for almost 12 years. Our 3 kids are Brynn, Parker and Rowan. They are freakin awesome kids and I love being their mom.  That's why I've been so torn on how to convey my thoughts. I've become very complacent in my life. I don't need recognition or to make thousands of dollars but I need more. I really can't quite put my finger on what I need. I just feel a void of some sort needs to be filled. Not to mention that every single bible verse I've come across has to do with "your purpose" or  "contentment".  Have I ever really been content? What is my purpose? I know...deep stuff but for the last 2 months, I cannot move past these thoughts! It's like one of those pie charts, and it's mostly filled but there's a sliver open. Does that make sense? Great now I'm thinking about pie. I love pie! I really shouldn't eat it but damn I could go for some right now. It could be a fruit pie or pudding pie...I really don't care!

So anyway, back to my pie. What will make me content? Why am I all of a sudden seeking contentment? Is it God speaking to me? Is He trying to motivate me to seek out my purpose? I honestly thought my purpose was to be a wife and mother. And if that's what it is, then so be it. But it has been very heavy on my heart that I can do more. Whether it's to help others OR myself. I've always heard the phrase, "you must be happy with you, to be happy in life", or something like that. It's not that I'm unhappy....it's just that I need more. And I have no problem admitting that! I think many moms and wives think that. I think many of us have so many pressures placed on us that we don't have time to do something for us. My husband and kids complete a huge part of me and I have always shoved the thought of not being content out of my head, because it made me feel bad. But I'm not going to anymore.  I'm going to find and explore a passion of mine, which is blogging and writing. Who knows where it will lead, but hey I'm willing to try!

The purpose of this blog:
-An outlet for me
-To feature fellow moms who are inspiring and have overcome odds. Those odds can be anything from single parenthood, to starting a business, to overcoming depression...etc. I would like to feature a mom every week.
-To help at least one person a week, whether it's with a business idea, a product, a smile and laugh...etc.

I have no expectations here....well yeah I do but for now I will keep those to myself. I'm pretty much an open book type of person. What you see is what you get.

Ok so let's get started!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love your reasons for starting this blog. :) I hope it's everything you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete