Monday, February 16, 2015

The plate...

As mothers, we have so much on our plates. Whether you work or stay home, the plate is full. It's always full and until your children are out of the house, it remains full. Now I'm just guessing on that bc I still have all three of my punks at home! I stole "punks" from a dear and hilarious friend. It's meant lovingly, I promise. But I see older friends or acquaintances with their children long gone and there's a difference. The plate is way less full! Like possibly a European size portion verses our fat ass American portions. You ever hear about that? We eat too much over here! Oh well...we can discuss that another time.

Anyhoo, where was I? Oh the plate. Yes the full plate. It gets easier, or so I hear....and I know there's that saying "the days are long but the years are short." Ahhh, that saying. There could not be more truer words spoken. 

We all have those days where we don't think we're going to make it. My time of day is anywhere between 3:30-4:30. What the hell is it about that time? I think it's the lack of energy combined with cranky kids. And that's usually our time of rushing kids from point A to point B so emotions are high people! Shoot there are days when I pick the older 2 punks up and drive thru that circle and I want to make a U-turn and drive them right back. 

My oldest is an awesome kid, but she's got the same disease that I have. The one where you wear every emotion you're feeling on the outside. You know the one! So when I see #1 crossing that crosswalk, I'm thinking "oh hell. She ain't happy." Luckily (unfortunately for me), she saves it for me. Boy do I usually get an earful! Sigh...
 
If you know me, you know I'm a worrier. My husband is not. So we balance each other well. I have a joke that he lives in "Tim land". Tim land is like a carnival with fabulous rides and delicious funnel cakes. He's there a lot. Which I think is great bc dang would my life be a lot easier if I could live like him. He's usually carefree and happy. Me...I'm like a wound ball of stress that's fixing to snap! And I'm medicated! I have NO shame in sharing that! Can you imagine me NOT medicated? Holy crap...I can't! 

I worry too much! I worry about my kids socially, physically and mentally. Every morning after their daddy takes them to school, I pray that they have a good day. I pray that they are kind to others, and that others are kind to them, that they make wise choices and focus on their work, and that they enjoy school.

 So on top of an already full plate, I'm worrying. As a mom with young children still at home, we leave very little time for our spouses and ourselves. It's hard but it must be done. My husband is very good about giving me "ME" time if I need it but at times I probably don't even stop to see that I do need it. 

The reason I wanted to create this blog is to reach other women. I'm always inspired by other moms. I love reading about moms of all walks of life and where they've been, where they hope to go....how they overcame something, etc.

I want to be an encouragement to all moms. And I want you all to share how you manage your full plates OR how you are not managing. Are you "drowning" right now? Join the club! I think we all "drown" at some point. At least we think we are. I'm very guilty of looking at another mom and thinking, "she has it all together". Whereas she may not feel that way at all. People tell me I'm the mom that does it all! Ummm ok..? I don't feel that way! Lol! This is where we could all be more encouraging to one another.  I've heard many women say "oh I'm just too busy", but honestly it doesn't take too much to help a fellow mom out. 
 
I'm excited to be sharing a fellow mom this week, so stay tuned. As I feature these moms, I hope it helps you somehow. I find that some of my worst days can be made so much better just by talking to another mom! Or heck, even my own mom!! My mom is my biggest fan. I know I'll do my best to be that for my kiddos too. I hope you enjoy my featuring a fellow mom. I'm trying to cover all different types and successes or advice that one may give. 

Until then, rock on with that full plate! We're all in this together! 



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. Need to get back to this myself.
    www.abalancedweek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its good to have a "full plate", as long as the portion size is correct, lol. I love your energy and devotion to our most important resource; our family,

    ReplyDelete