Saturday, February 14, 2015

Late in life...

Have another baby I thought...it'll be fun!
And it is fun! But I'm tired! Rowan is exhausting! She's the type of baby that never stops, runs everywhere, makes a mess, gets into everything, doesn't sit and watch a 20 minute show (whyyyyyy for the love of God does she not like tv like the rest of us????) thinks she's one of the big kids, has caused me a crap ton of gray hairs, makes me want to pull my hair out, can never ever take my eyes off of her, type of baby. 
But I love her...one look in those eyes and I see myself.  I see her daddy when she makes certain faces, I see her big sister as a happy, gleeful toddler, and I see her big brother in her tenacity and when she sleeps. She is easily all of us rolled into one. She is fun, loving and smart as hell. She's my late in life baby girl, who will keep me young!

I never thought we'd have another baby. I'd had my perfect, gorgeous, independent first-born girl and my handsome, sensitive, loving mama's boy...one of each...done! Man on man defense. But no, God had other plans. And I'm glad He did. Because I can't imagine life without my number 3. She completes us! Even if she makes us nuts...



No comments:

Post a Comment